Third bite at Frank Lloyd Wright

Evening Post, 17 August 1998

Click image for larger version

The final curtain has yet to go down on the Wellington Film Festival.

Documentary hit Frank Lloyd Wright will have two extra screenings tomorrow.

The film about the trailblazing United States architect sold out during the July festival and at screenings last week. But tomorrow will be the last chance to see the film - the print has to be returned to the US.

"This documentary has generated an amazing response," festival director Bill Gosden said.

"There were still a large number of people who were disappointed not to get into the extra screenings we held last week, so it is fortunate that we have been able to hold on to the print long enough for two final screenings."

Mr Gosden said this year's festival broke box office records set last year, with ticket sales up 20 percent to 64,000.

Meanwhile, The Film Centre will screen The Gathering - a documentary about Takaka Hill's summer dance party - tonight at the Rialto.

And from Thursday, The Film Centre will screen Video Jam, a compilation of entries from this year's Music Video Awards.

* Frank Lloyd Wright, Paramount Theatre, tomorrow,3pm and 6pm. Door sales only.

* The Gathering, Rialto Cinema 3, tonight, 6pm and 7pm, $4.

* Video Jam, The Film Centre, August 24-30, admission free.

[Illustration]

Caption: HELD HIGH - The "great work room" in Johnson Wax Building, Racine, Wisconsin, a Wright creation. MAN OF VISION - The architect Frank Lloyd Wright, who's the focus of a popular documentary.

Megan Lane, Evening Post, 17 August 1998

Watch The Gathering documentary 97/98

Page last updated: